Race Calendar

May 2010
Gulf Coast Triathlon, Panama City, FL
Half Ironman :1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run

February 2010
Mercedes Half-Marathon, Birmingham, AL
13.1 Miles

August 8, 2009
Mountain Lakes Triathlon, Guntersville, AL
Sprint : 600 yd swim, 16.2 mile bike, 3 mile run
-COMPLETED-

Monday, December 21, 2009

Back in Action!

Okay...it's been a while since I've posted, but that's because it's been a while since I've done anything. I am finally fully recovered from a clavicle break after wrecking my bike.
Actually, it was my very first ride on my brand new Cervelo P1 triathlon bike. Luckily, the bike was not damaged as my body absorbed most of the impact. I learned three things:

1.) Riding at 5:00 in the morning when it's very dark: Bad Idea.
2.) Not seeing a water puddle (see item 1) and riding through it at 30mph = hydro-plane incident.
3.) Broken clavicles hurt.

After surgery, my 4-piece clavicle was reunited via plates, screws, bolts, and synthetic bone grafts. It was a struggle at first, as my surgery came one week before my baby boy did, but I managed to still hold him without too much difficulty.
Now, I'm healed and back on the bike, the road, and in the pool. If it weren't for the gigantic scar on my shoulder, you wouldn't even be able to tell. Onward and upward.

No comments: